Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Saving Money Mommy's Tuesday Tip- Stockpiling

I apologize for not posting a tip last Tuesday. All I had on my mind last week was Kmart and the double coupons.

I am going to give you the word of the day and how you can use this word to save money.

Stockpile- to accumulate (material, goods, or the like) for future use; put or store in a stockpile.

Stockpiling will save you a lot of money. You need to buy things when they are on sale and/or you have coupons and buy lots of it! My family eats a lot of cereal and drinks a lot of juice (my husband more so than the kids!). Cereal and juice are not on sale every week, so I buy a lot of it when I can get a good deal. Juice was on sale this week at Publix so I bought 14 bottles of juice today. This should take me through to the next sale. The juice cost me $1.49 per bottle rather than $3.49 so I saved $28.00.

Storage can become an issue when you stockpile. I have become very creative in stacking items in my pantry. I have also started using the bedroom closet to store dry items like cereal, pop tarts and macaroni & cheese boxes. Frozen items are a little more difficult. If I know a good frozen food deal is coming up, I'll start using some more frozen food to make some room. I will always find a place to store things because I will not pass up a deal. The hubby can't say too much because he knows how much money I'm saving the family by shopping this way.

Go out today and get a great deal!

No comments:

Post a Comment