Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Saving Money Mommy's Tuesday Tip- Keep Necessities on Hand

My tip for today is to always have the necessities on hand and try to never run out of anything.  What I mean by this is to always buy things when they are on sale and/or you have a coupon even if you don't need the item at the time.  For instance, I have plenty of contact lens saline solution in my stockpile.  I always buy it when I can get it on sale.  If I waited until I needed more, I probably wouldn't be able to get in on sale and would have to pay the retail price.  (I cringed just writing that!  :)  Do this for toothpaste, toothbrushes, shampoo, food items, etc.  All of these items go on sale regularly, but may not be on sale when you need them.  A lot of people tell me they just don't have the room to stockpile these items.  My answer to that is to find the room.  The linen closet, clothes closets, under the bathroom sink, under the bed, etc. are all good places to stockpile things.  The key is to save the most money as possible and you will do this by buying at the right time and keeping the items on hand.  You want to avoid the "I ran out of something" shopping trip as much as possible.  Just watch for expiration dates.  You don't want to get something out of your stockpile and find out it has already expired.

Go out today and get a great deal!

No comments:

Post a Comment