Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Saving Money Mommy's Tuesday Tip- Coupons

I run into a lot of people who say they don't cut coupons because the coupons they find are for items they never use.  I have a few things to say about that today:

1.) If you are very loyal to a particular product, see if they have a coupon on their website.  If they don't, email them to say how much you love their product and ask if they'd send you a coupon.

2.) I always tell my children to try new things because they'll never know if they like it unless they try it.  I'm telling you the same thing.  When you get the coupons in the Sunday paper, keep the whole insert.  Don't just cut out the coupons for things you always use.  If I offered you some FREE groceries, would you tell me you are not interested?  By only sticking with the same products every week, you are in reality turning away FREE or very cheap groceries.  If you pair items on sale with coupons, you will get them cheap or even FREE.  I do this all the time.  My family has also liked most of the new things I bought.  How do you know you're family won't like something unless you try it?  You might be surprised.

3.) I know some of you don't want to take the time to cut and use the coupons.  I'll be honest with you, it takes time to learn how to use coupons and save the most money.  One of the best websites out there to help you is Hot Coupon World.  There are forums set up for most grocery stores where a moderator lists the sale items along with coupon matchups.  If your store is not listed or isn't up to date, go to BeCentsAble and find a blog that lists your sales and coupons matchups.  Once you get the hang of finding the sale items and matching them with the coupons, it won't take you a long time.

If you really want to save money, follow these steps.  I can help you cut your grocery bill way down.  Email me with any questions/comments you might have. 

Go out today and get a great deal!

No comments:

Post a Comment