Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Saving Money Mommy's Tuesday Tip- Competitor Coupons

My tip today is to use competitor coupons whenever possible.  A lot of stores will accept a competitor coupon with no problem.  An example of this is when I pulled into an oil change shop the other day because they had a "Ladies Day $7.00 off" sign and there was no line.  I asked how much an oil change was.  He said $29.95 for Ladies Day.  I told him it was too much and that I had a Jiffy Lube coupon for $24.95.  He said they would gladly accept the Jiffy Lube $24.95 coupon.  I saved $5.00 with no effort.

My grocery store also accepts competitor coupons and I always try to use one.  You can sometimes find them in the newspapers or weekly circulars. 

If you are unsure whether or not your store will accept a competitor coupon, ask before you shop.  Make sure you remember the name of the person you spoke to.  When you get to the register, if the cashier questions it, tell them you already got verbal approval from so and so.

Go out today and get a great deal!

No comments:

Post a Comment