Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Saving Money Mommy's Tuesday Tip- Coupon Organization

You don't have to tell me how coupons can take over your life.  I am still working on trying to organize my coupons more efficiently so they are not scattered all around the house.  I have an old diaper wipes box that contains the entire coupon inserts sorted by date.  I also have a shoebox-sized coupon box to house coupons I've cut out, received in the mail, found in a store, etc.  I also put my rainchecks in there.  I have it divided up by categories (dairy, frozen, cleaners, etc.).

My biggest problem is finding a minute in my day to clean out the expired coupons or file new ones.  It's so frustrating when I reach into my coupon folder to find a great "Expired" coupon for something I want to buy. 

It seems like I'm always waiting in a doctor's office lately, so I've been taking advantage of that wait time by cleaning out my coupon folder.  It gives me something productive to do while waiting, and I leave a little more organized. 

I'm not where I need to be with coupon organization yet, but I'm getting there.  I'll keep you posted on my progress.

Go out today and get a great deal!

No comments:

Post a Comment