Friday, June 4, 2010

COVERGIRL's New Smoky ShadowBlast and ShineBlast Lip Gloss Review

I was able to try out COVERGIRL's new Smoky ShadowBlast and ShineBlast Lip Gloss courtesy of BzzAgent.  The Smoky ShadowBlast is a 2-step eye shadow stick with specially designed applicator tips to easily deliver a colorful smoky eye.  It looks almost like a lip stick, but with a color on each end.  The one they sent me had Citrus Flair on one end and Bronze Fire on the other end.  Citrus Flair was definitely not the color for me, and I'm not sure how many people could pull that bright green color off.  Despite the color, I don't think the shadow stick was easy to glide across my eyelids.  I liked the Bronze Fire color and used it for lining the upper and lower lids and crease.  The problem was the stick snapped off already.  I just pushed the color back in and keep it turned down low. 

I tried to create a smoky eye with the green and bronze colors but couldn't make it happen.  I had trouble blending the green color in and then putting the bronze color on top of the green looked strange.  In my opinion, the two colors did not work well together.

I also tested out COVERGIRL's ShineBlast Lip Gloss.  I liked the color, but it had a strange chemical smell.  I have not used it much because of the odor.  It was also very sticky and felt heavy on my lips.

I would try COVERGIRL's Smoky ShadowBlast in a different color to see if I could produce a smoky eye.  I don't think I would try the ShineBlast again.

Go out today and get a great deal!

No comments:

Post a Comment