Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Saving Money Mommy's Tuesday Tip- Hotels

Since I just got back from vacation and am still in a "vacation" frame of mind, I thought I'd share some tips on how to save money at hotels.  I had to book two unconsecutive nights this summer for my family and wanted the best deal of course.  I searched around the internet and discovered that Best Western had a deal where you get a FREE night when you stay twice this summer.  I thought we could use the FREE night near Disney in the fall.  I went to the Best Western site through ShopAtHome to get 4% cash back and booked the rooms.  If we didn't have three small children, we probably wouldn't have booked the rooms in advance.  You can get some great deals by walking into a hotel lobby the evening of your stay.  Just make sure to leave your family and luggage in the car during negotiations.  Don't accept the first price they quote you and ask them for a better price.  Most of the time they will give you a good deal.  They would rather have you stay in the room at a discounted price than to keep the room empty. 

There are often special hotel rates for AAA members.  Sam's Club and other organizations also have special hotel discounts for their members.  You may need an ID # or special phone number to obtain these discounts. 

Check around, but remember to never settle for the standard rate.  Go out today and get a great deal!

No comments:

Post a Comment