Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Saving Money Mommy's Tuesday Tip- Rainchecks

Don't you just hate it when you get the store to buy something on sale and they are all out?  It happens to me way too often!  I always try to get a raincheck when a sale item is out of stock.  I currently have a big stack of rainchecks in my coupon file.  Most rainchecks never expire and they sometimes turn out to be a very good thing to have. 

Sometimes there are no coupons available when an item is on sale.  If I end up getting a raincheck on an item, I can hold on to it until I find a coupon for that item.  That is a great time to cash in on the raincheck.  You will get the original sale price plus the coupon discount for even better savings.

Another advantage to having a raincheck is if one of your favorite items is not on sale very often.  If you run out of your favorite item and it's not on sale, you can use your raincheck instead of having to pay full price.  Stores are often out of the sale items on the last day of a sale or a Monday morning after a busy weekend.  You can sometimes get a lot of rainchecks those days.

Just don't lose those rainchecks and they will pay off for you one day. 
Go out today and get a great deal!

No comments:

Post a Comment