Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Saving Money Mommy's Tuesday Tip- Kids Lunches

My life lately has revolved around the kids and school.  That is why my blog posts are few and far between these days.  I was thinking about how to save money on my kids' lunches so that is what I'll be writing about today. 

Juice boxes and Capri Suns can add up quickly, especially when you have three kids.  I went to Walmart and bought two FUNtainer Bottles for a $12.98 each.  My daughter loves Dora and one of my sons loves Lightning McQueen.  I fill them mostly with water and a little juice.  They are going to save me money in the long run and they are healthier for the kids than a juice box.  My oldest son is not big on any of the characters on the FUNtainer Bottles, so I'll still have to buy some Capri Suns for him until I find an alternative.

I also use plastic containers whenever I can instead of the plastic baggies since plastic bags can add up quickly too.  The kids just throw the plastic containers back in their lunch bags and I wash them when they get home.  You can wash and reuse plastic bags too, but I find the containers are easier.

Please send me a comment about what you do for your kids' lunches.

Go out today and get a great deal!

No comments:

Post a Comment